Table 1. 490 Implement Lockout Switch Diagnostic Codes.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
490-3 Implement Lockout
Switch Voltage Is Above
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Transmission ECM detects status of both inputs, implement disable NO and NC,
· Implement lockout switch is faulty.
· Lower cab wiring harness is open.
· Cab ground is open.
· Transmission ECM.
Test Step 1. Check for Active
Connect MSD. Select Transmission
Diagnostic Code 490-3 Active -
Proceed to Test Step 2.
924H and check for active diagnostic
Diagnostic Code 490-3 Not Active -
Troubleshooting is complete.
Test Step 2. Test for Faulty
Implement Lockout Switch.
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Remove console instrument panel
for access to wiring harness
connectors (WP 0264).