Table 1. 600 Hydraulic Oil Temperature Sensor Diagnostic Codes - Continued.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
600-5 Hydraulic Oil
Temperature Sensor Current
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Is Below Normal
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Transmission ECM detects current of hydraulic oil temperature sensor is below
· Hydraulic oil temperature sensor is faulty.
· Lower cab wiring harness is open.
· Engine wiring harness is open.
· Cab ground is open.
· Transmission ECM.
Test Step 1. Check for Active
Connect MSD. Select Transmission
Diagnostic Code 600-5 Active -
924H and check for active diagnostic
Proceed to Test Step 2.
Diagnostic Code 600-5 Not Active -
Troubleshooting is complete.
Test Step 2. Test for Faulty Hydraulic
Oil Temperature Sensor.
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Remove left engine access panel
3. Disconnect connector EN-C18
hydraulic oil temperature sensor.
4. Install a jumper wire between
terminal 1 and terminal 2 of