Table 1. 673 Transmission Output Speed Sensor 2 Diagnostic Codes.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
673-2 Transmission Output
Speed Sensor 2 Data Is
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Erratic, Intermittent, or
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Transmission ECM detects an erratic signal, an intermittent signal, or an incorrect
signal from the transmission output A or transmission output B speed sensor.
· Transmission output A speed sensor is faulty.
· Transmission output B speed sensor is faulty.
· Lower cab wiring harness is open.
· Lower cab wiring harness is shorted.
· Transmission wiring harness is open.
· Transmission wiring harness is shorted.
· Transmission ECM.
Test Step 1. Check for Active
Connect MSD. Select Transmission
Diagnostic Code 673-2 Active -
924H and check for active diagnostic
Proceed to Test Step 2.
Diagnostic Code 673-2 Not Active -
Troubleshooting is complete.
Test Step 2. Test for Faulty
Transmission Output A Speed
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position