Table 1. 811 Instrument Cluster Display Module Diagnostic Codes.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
811-9 Instrument Cluster
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Transmission ECM does not receive expected information from the instrument
cluster for a period of more than 5 seconds.
· Lower cab wiring harness is open.
· Lower cab wiring harness is shorted to voltage.
· Lower cab wiring harness is shorted to ground.
· Instrument cluster.
Test Step 1. Check for Active
Connect MSD. Select Transmission
Diagnostic Code 811-9 Active -
Proceed to Test Step 2.
924H and check for active diagnostic
Diagnostic Code 811-9 Not Active -
Troubleshooting is complete.
Test Step 2. Test Lower Cab Wiring
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Remove instrument cluster for
access to wiring harness
connectors (WP 0252).
3. Disconnect connector C-C56
4. Install a jumper wire between
terminal 19 and terminal 20 of