Table 1. 826 Torque Converter Oil Temperature Sensor Diagnostic Codes.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
826-3 Torque Converter Oil
Temperature Sensor Voltage
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Is Above Normal or Shorted
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Transmission ECM detects signal voltage of the torque converter temperature
sensor is too high.
· Torque converter temperature sensor is faulty.
· Lower cab wiring harness is open or shorted to voltage.
· Transmission wiring harness is open or shorted to voltage.
· Transmission ECM.
Test Step 1. Check for Active
Connect MSD. Select Transmission
Diagnostic Code 826-3 Active -
Proceed to Test Step 2.
924H and check for active diagnostic
Diagnostic Code 826-3 Not Active -
Troubleshooting is complete.
Test Step 2. Test for Faulty Torque
Converter Temperature Sensor.
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Remove left engine access panel