Table 1. 1402 Solenoid Valve 2 (Forward High) Diagnostic Codes - Continued.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
1402-6 Solenoid Valve 2
(Forward High) Current
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Transmission ECM detects a short circuit or high current condition in the solenoid
valve 2 (forward high) circuit.
· Transmission wiring harness shorted to ground.
· Lower cab wiring harness shorted to ground.
· Solenoid valve 2 (forward high) faulty.
· Transmission ECM.
Test Step 1. Check for Active
Diagnostic Code 1402-6 Active
Transmission 924H. Apply and hold
Proceed to Test Step 2.
service brake, start engine, and shift
Diagnostic Code 1402-6 Not Active
transmission into fourth gear forward
Troubleshooting is complete.
(TM 5-3805-298-10). Using MSD,
check for active diagnostic codes
Test Step 2. Test for Faulty Solenoid
Valve 2 (Forward High).
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Remove right lower cab access
panels (WP 0347).
3. Remove right engine access panel
4. Disconnect connector P-C7
solenoid valve 2 (forward high).
5. Turn battery disconnect switch and
ignition switch to ON position