Table 1. 1403 Solenoid Valve 3 (Reverse) Diagnostic Codes.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
1403-3 Solenoid Valve 3
(Reverse) Voltage Is Above
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Transmission ECM detects voltage of the solenoid valve 3 (reverse) is above
· Lower cab wiring harness is shorted to another power source.
· Transmission wiring harness is shorted to another power source.
· Transmission ECM.
Test Step 1. Check for Active
Diagnostic Code 1403-3 Active
Transmission 924H. Apply and hold
Proceed to Test Step 2.
service brake, start engine, and shift
Diagnostic Code 1403-3 Not Active
transmission into first gear reverse
Troubleshooting is complete.
(TM 5-3805-298-10). Using MSD,
check for active diagnostic codes
Test Step 2. Test for Shorted
Transmission Wiring Harness.
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Remove right lower cab access
panels (WP 0347).
3. Remove right engine access panel