Table 1. Front and Rear Turn Signals Do Not Operate in Either Left or Right Positions,
Stoplights Operate Normally.
TEST OR INSPECTION
Front and Rear Turn Signals
Do Not Operate in Either Left
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
or Right Positions,
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
Stoplights Operate Normally
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
Test Step 1. Test for Open Lamps
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Remove lamps fuse from fuse
panel (TM 5-3805-298-10).
lamps fuse (TM 5-3805-298-10).
between terminals of lamps fuse.
Proceed to Test Step 2.
Replace lamps fuse (TM 5-3805-298-
Proceed to Test Step 12.
Test Step 2. Test for Voltage at
1. Remove instrument cluster for
access to wiring harness
connectors (WP 0252).
2. Turn battery disconnect switch and
ignition switch to ON position
3. Turn the military light switch to Ser.
Drive position and lower switch to
OFF (TM 5-3805-298-10).
4. Turn the turn signal switch to left
turn signal position (TM 5-3805-