Table 1. Rear Window Wiper Does Not Operate.
TEST OR INSPECTION
Rear Window Wiper Does
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
Test Step 1. Test Operation of Rear
1. Turn battery disconnect switch and
ignition switch to ON position
2. Operate rear wiper in low, high and
off (TM 5-3805-298-10).
3. Observe operation of rear wiper
Rear Wiper Does Not Operate in Any
Speed Proceed to Test Step 2.
Rear Wiper Does Not Operate in Low
Only Proceed to Test Step 12.
Rear Wiper Does Not Operate in High
Only Proceed to Test Step 16.
Rear Wiper Does Not Park Proceed
to Test Step 20.
Test Step 2. Test for Open Wipers
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Remove wipers fuse from fuse
panel (TM 5-3805-298-10).
wipers fuse (TM 5-3805-298-10) and
between terminals of wipers fuse.
proceed to Test Step 3.
Replace wipers fuse (TM 5-3805-298-
10) and proceed to Test Step 6.
Test Step 3. Test for Voltage at Rear
1. Remove dash panel at rear wiper
switch (WP 0259).