Table 1. Horn Does Not Operate.
TEST OR INSPECTION
Horn Does Not Operate
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
Test Step 1. Test for Voltage at Horn.
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Disconnect connector LE-C12
(WP 0012, Figure 204) from Horn.
3. Turn battery disconnect switch and
ignition switch to ON position
4. Turn the military light switch to
Stop Light position (TM 5-3805-
5. Have an assistant operate and
hold in the horn button
Voltage 18 to 26 V Replace horn
between connector LE-C12
Proceed to Test Step 24.
(WP 0012, Figure 204) terminal 1
Voltage Less Than 18 V Proceed to
and terminal 2 (ground).
Test Step 2.
Test Step 2. Test Dome Light
Push the dome light switch and take
Dome Light Operates Proceed to
note of dome light operation
Test Step 3.
Dome Light Does Not Operate
Proceed to Test Step 5.