Table 1. Boom Will Not Lower.
TEST OR INSPECTION
Boom Will Not Lower
· DO NOT disconnect or remove any hydraulic system hoses, tubes, or
fittings unless engine is shut down and hydraulic system pressure has
been relieved. Tighten all connections before applying pressure.
Escaping hydraulic fluid under pressure can penetrate skin.
· At operating temperature, hydraulic oil is hot. Allow hydraulic oil to cool
before removing any hydraulic fitting.
· Wear protective eye covering and gloves.
· Lubricating/hydraulic oils used in performance of maintenance can be
very slippery. Immediately wipe up any spills.
· Failure to follow these warnings may result in injury or death to
· Cap or plug all hydraulic hose ends and fittings during removal.
· Tag and mark hydraulic hoses and fittings and note hose routing to aid
· Use container to catch any fluid that may drain from hydraulic system.
Dispose of fluid IAW local policy and ordinances. Ensure all spills are
Test Step 1. Check for Active
1. Connect MSD, select
Diagnostic Codes Are Not Active
Transmission 924 and check for
Proceed to step 2.
active diagnostic codes
Diagnostic Codes Are Active Refer
to (WP 0005) and repair active
diagnostic codes first.
2. Check ride control switch is not in
Ride Control Switch Is in ON Position
the ON position
Unlock and press implement disable
switch to unlock position.
Proceed to Test Step 4.
Ride Control Switch Is OFF Proceed
to Test Step 2.
Test Step 2. Control Valve Test.
1. Turn battery disconnect switch to
ON position and start engine