Table 1. Quick Coupler Will Not Operate.
TEST OR INSPECTION
Quick Coupler Will Not
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
Test Step 1. Check for Active
Diagnostic Codes Are Not Active
Connect MSD, select Transmission
Proceed to Test Step 2.
924 and check for active diagnostic
codes (WP 0008).
Diagnostic Codes Are Active Refer
to (WP 0005) and repair active
diagnostic codes first.
Test Step 2. Test Operation of Quick
1. Turn battery disconnect switch to
ON position and start engine
2. Lower the tool to the ground
3. Press unlock on coupler switch
4. Observe operation of quick coupler Quick Coupler Releases Tool
Proceed to step 5.
Quick Coupler Does Not Release
Tool Proceed to Test Step 3.
5. Press lock on coupler switch
6. Observe operation of quick coupler Quick Coupler Extends Proceed to
Test Step 15.
Quick Coupler Does Not Extend
Proceed to Test Step 11.
Test Step 3. Test for Faulty Coupler
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position