HYDRAULIC FAN SPEED CALIBRATION CONTINUED
Hydraulic fan will be in operation. Use eye protection, gloves, and hearing protection
during this procedure. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury to personnel.
12. Have an assistant fully depress and hold accelerator pedal (TM 5-3805-298-10).
13. Stand about three feet from fan assembly and point Photo Tac toward reflective tape on fan blade through fan
14. Monitor and record fan speed on Photo Tac. Fan speed should be between 600 rpm and 700 rpm.
15. Use the left arrow buttons (Figure 9, Item 5) or the right arrow buttons (Figure 9, Item 4) to adjust fan speed
between 600 rpm and 700 rpm.
16. Select the Next button (Figure 9, Item 6) when minimum desired fan speed has been achieved to complete the
a. If minimum fan speed cannot be adjusted, select Next button (Figure 9, Item 6), select Cancel button
(Figure 9, Item 3); release accelerator pedal (TM 5-3805-298-10); select Disconnect icon (Figure 9,
Item 1) and turn ignition switch and battery disconnect switch to the OFF position (TM 5-3805-298-10).
b. If minimum fan speed is adjusted, select the Continue button (Figure 9, Item 2) to proceed to the next