1. Connect positive (red) clip of battery charger to positive post on battery, and connect negative clip of battery
charger to chassis ground.
2. Turn battery charger switch ON.
3. Charge battery until the green Charge Complete LED is illuminated.
4. Charge will terminate when charge current drops below one ampere.
5. When charge is complete, test battery. Refer to Battery Tests in this work package.
END OF TASK
CHARGING SYSTEM TEST
1. Turn battery disconnect switch and ignition switch to ON position (TM 5-3805-298-10).
2. Turn headlights ON (TM 5-3805-298-10) for 10 minutes to provide a drain on batteries.
3. Set ammeter dial (Figure 1, Item 6) to 400 DC amp scale (Figure 1, Item 1).
4. Press ZERO button (Figure 1, Item 2) to zero the meter. Make sure that HOLD (Figure 1, Item 3) is not
displayed on screen (Figure 1, Item 4). If HOLD is displayed, press HOLD button (Figure 1, Item 5) once.