SERVICE UPON RECEIPT
General, Inspection Instructions, Servicing Instructions
Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's
DA Form 2404
(WP 0431, Item 162)
DA Form 5988-E
Gloves, Rubber (WP 0431, Item 63)
DD Form 1397
SF Form 364
Cleaning Compound, Solvent, Type III
(WP 0430, Item 5)
Rag, Wiping (WP 0430, Item 27)
Machine parked (TM 5-3805-298-10)
1. When a new or reconditioned 924H Wheel Loader is first received, determine whether it has been properly
prepared for service and is in condition to perform its mission.
2. Follow these inspection and servicing instructions to assess the dozer's condition.
1. Read and follow all precautions and instructions on DD Form 1397, Processing and Deprocessing Record for
Shipment, Storage, and Issue of Vehicles and Spare Engines.
2. Remove all packing and shipping material, such as tape, tiedown straps, protective covers, and shipping seals.
Solvent cleaning compound MIL-PRF-680 Type III is an environmentally compliant and
low-toxic material. However, it may be irritating to the eyes and skin. Use protective gloves
and goggles. Use in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from open flames and other
sources of ignition. Failure to do so may result in injury or death to personnel.
3. Clean any exposed metal parts coated with rust-preventive compound using Cleaning Compound, Solvent,
Type III (WP 0430, Item 5).
4. Inspect equipment for any damage incurred during shipment. Check if equipment has been modified.