1. Before starting a task, think about the risks and hazards to your safety as well as that of others. Wear
protective gear such as safety goggles or lenses, safety shoes, rubber apron, and gloves. Protect yourself
2. Observe all WARNINGs, CAUTIONs, and NOTEs.
3. When lifting heavy parts, have someone help you. Make sure lifting equipment is working properly, suitable for
the task assigned, of sufficient load capacity, and secured against slipping.
4. Always use power tools carefully.
5. Before beginning a procedure, ensure the following conditions have been observed, unless otherwise
a. Machine must be parked on level ground with parking brake engaged.
b. Work tool must be lowered to the ground.
FNR control switch in NEUTRAL position.
d. Engine must be off.
e. Components which are hot at operating temperatures (i.e., cooling, exhaust, and hydraulic systems) must
cool down before they are removed.
Components must, however, be at operating temperature to be tested.
g. Batteries must be disconnected when performing system maintenance.
h. Hydraulic system pressure must be relieved before disconnecting any hydraulic system line or fitting. Refer
to Relieve Hydraulic System Pressure in this work package.
RELIEVE HYDRAULIC SYSTEM PRESSURE
DO NOT disconnect or remove any hydraulic system line or fitting unless engine is shut
down and hydraulic system pressure has been relieved. Tighten all connections before
applying pressure. Escaping hydraulic fluid under pressure can penetrate the skin,
causing injury to personnel.
At operating temperature, hydraulic oil is hot. Allow hydraulic oil to cool before removing
any hydraulic fitting.
To prevent injury to personnel, wear protective eye covering and gloves.
Sudden movement of machine can cause injury to personnel on or near the machine.
Failure to follow these warnings may result in injury to personnel.
When servicing this machine, performing maintenance, or disposing of hazardous
materials, consult your unit/local hazardous waste disposal center or safety office for local
regulatory guidance. If further information is needed, please contact the Army
Environmental Hotline at 1-800-327-3845.
1. Park machine on a smooth, level surface.
2. Ensure FNR switch is set to N (Neutral).
3. Engage parking brake.