RELIEVE HYDRAULIC SYSTEM PRESSURE
DO NOT disconnect or remove any hydraulic system hoses, tubes, or fittings unless
engine is shut down and hydraulic system pressure has been relieved. Tighten all
connections before applying pressure. Escaping hydraulic fluid under pressure can
At operating temperature, hydraulic oil is hot. Allow hydraulic oil to cool before removing
any hydraulic fitting.
Wear protective eye covering and gloves.
Lubricating/hydraulic oils used in performance of maintenance can be very slippery.
Immediately wipe up any spills.
Failure to follow these warnings may result in injury or death to personnel.
When servicing this machine, performing maintenance, or disposing of hazardous
materials, consult your unit/local hazardous waste disposal center or safety office for local
regulatory guidance. If further information is needed, please contact the Army
Environmental Hotline at 1-800-327-3845.
1. Park machine on a smooth, level surface.
2. Ensure FNR switch is set to N (Neutral).
3. Engage parking brake.
4. Lower work tool (bucket or forks) to ground.
5. Shut down engine.
6. Turn ignition switch to ON position without starting engine.
7. Move control levers through full range of travel several times. This will relieve any pressure that may be
present in hydraulic system.
8. Push and release service brake pedal 1520 times. This will relieve any pressure that may be present in brake
9. Slowly loosen hydraulic tank filler cap and allow any pressure to escape.
10. Tighten filler cap on hydraulic tank.
11. Hydraulic system has been released and lines or components can be removed.