Operator will assist in all preparation for transport and will drive machine on or off
transport, as required.
All removed fasteners and loose hardware must be transported with the machine.
ROADING MACHINE (SELF-DEPLOYMENT)
1. All necessary permits and licenses must be obtained.
2. Perform BEFORE operation PMCS (TM 5-3805-298-10).
3. Ensure that tires are inflated to correct pressures:
a. Front Tire - 36 psi (248 kPa).
b. Rear Tire - 29 psi (200 kPa).
Machine operated without work tool installed is light in the front end and susceptible to
overturning. If required to drive without work tool attached to loader arm, drive slowly and
DO NOT make sharp turns. Failure to follow this warning may cause injury or death to
personnel or damage to equipment.
4. Ensure that work tool is NOT loaded.
5. Raise loader arm high enough to ensure ground or road clearance (TM 5-3805-298-10).
6. Place hydraulic control levers in HOLD position (TM 5-3805-298-10).
7. Lock hydraulic controls (TM 5-3805-298-10).
8. Travel at moderate speeds. Maximum travel speed for the wheel loader is 24 mph (38.5 kph).
9. When traveling long distances, stop for approximately 30 minutes each hour or 25 miles (40 km) traveled, to
allow tires and components to cool.
10. Watch gages and alert indicators for evidence of malfunction or overheating (TM 5-3805-298-10).
11. During stops, inspect machine for evidence of fluid leaks. Check fluid levels and fill as necessary.
12. Upon arrival at destination, perform all AFTER operations PMCS (TM 5-3805-298-10).
END OF TASK