HIGHWAY AND RAIL TRANSPORT CONTINUED
Unloading Machine from Transport
1. Chock wheels of trailer.
2. Remove blocking/shoring/lashing materials from machine.
3. Unlock machine.
4. Remove duct tape from exhaust pipe opening or exhaust port opening.
DO NOT operate machine with steering frame lock connected. Steering frame lock must
be disconnected and securely stowed. If not properly stowed, loss of steering control
Stand clear of frame articulation area when machine is operating. There is no clearance
for personnel in this area when machine turns. Crushing could occur.
Failure to follow these warnings could result in equipment damage, injury or death to
5. Disconnect and securely stow steering frame lock (TM 5-3805-298-10).
6. Turn battery disconnect switch to ON position (TM 5-3805-298-10).
Hearing protection is required if within 25 ft (7.6 m) of an operating machine. Hearing
protection is required when operating machine without cab during transport operations to
prevent hearing loss.
7. Start engine and allow machine to warm up (TM 5-3805-298-10).
8. Unlock hydraulic controls (TM 5-3805-298-10).
Use extreme caution when handling heavy parts. Provide adequate support and use
assistance during procedure. Ensure lifting device used is in good condition and of
suitable load capacity. Keep clear of heavy parts supported only by lifting device. Failure to
follow this warning may cause injury or death to personnel.
9. Raise loader arm and remove blocking from under work tool (TM 5-3805-298-10).