924H Wheel Loader is capable of being transported on roll-on/roll-off (RO/RO), break bulk (general cargo), and
barge carrying (LASH and SEABEE) ships, as well as Army watercraft.
Follow RO/RO Regulations and Procedures as outlined in this work package.
Safe RO/RO operation depends on strict adherence to RO/RO regulations. Failure to do
so may result in injury or death to personnel or damage to equipment.
1. Only qualified and screened operators are permitted to drive machine in RO/RO operations.
Hearing protection is required if within 25 ft (7.6 m) of an operating machine. Hearing
protection is required when operating machine without cab during transport operations to
prevent hearing loss.
2. All personnel working in machine operating area must wear hearing protection.
3. Secure BII as appropriate.
4. DO NOT move machine about the ship without a ground guide present.
5. DO NOT start machine until directed to do so. Before moving machine, test brakes.
6. Operate machine with lights on.
7. Only one vehicle may transit a ramp at any time.
8. DO NOT leave machine engine running unattended.