MARINE TRANSPORT CONTINUED
Allow exhaust pipe to cool before attempting to seal opening with tape to prevent burn
injury to personnel.
Exhaust pipe opening must be sealed to prevent wind from entering exhaust system and
causing turbocharger to spin without lubrication. Turbocharger spin without lubrication
may result in damage to turbocharger.
15. After exhaust pipe cools, seal exhaust pipe opening with duct tape.
16. Provide assistance, as required, in blocking/shoring/lashing machine for transport.
RO/RO Unloading Procedures
1. Provide assistance, as required, to remove blocking/shoring/lashing from machine.
2. Unlock machine (TM 5-3805-298-10).
DO NOT operate machine with steering frame lock connected. Steering frame lock must
be disconnected and securely stowed. if not properly stowed, loss of steering control could
result. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury or death to personnel or damage
3. Disconnect and securely stow steering frame lock (TM 5-3805-298-10).
4. Turn battery disconnect switch to ON position (TM 5-3805-298-10).
5. Remove duct tape from exhaust pipe opening.
Stand clear of frame articulation area when machine is operating. There is no clearance
for personnel in this area when machine turns. Crushing could occur, resulting in injury or
death to personnel.
6. Start engine and allow machine to warm up (TM 5-3805-298-10).
7. Unlock hydraulic controls (TM 5-3805-298-10).