AIR TRANSPORT CONTINUED
6. Start engine (TM 5-3805-298-10).
7. Following instructions from load master, SLOWLY move machine straight into aircraft. Negotiate ramp at
slowest speed possible.
8. Once inside aircraft, stop machine and engage parking brake when directed to do so (TM 5-3805-298-10).
9. Lower work tool and loader arm onto wood blocks and apply slight downward pressure (TM 5-3805-298-10).
10. Turn ignition OFF. Turn ignition ON, but do not start engine (TM 5-3805-298-10).
11. Move hydraulic control levers through all positions to relieve hydraulic system pressure in lines. Return levers
to HOLD position (TM 5-3805-298-10).
12. Lock hydraulic controls (TM 5-3805-298-10).
13. Turn ignition OFF (TM 5-3805-298-10).
Steering frame lock must be connected between front and rear frame before transporting
machine. Machine may move during transport and may result in damage to equipment
and injury or death to personnel.
14. Connect steering frame lock between front and rear frames (TM 5-3805-298-10).
15. Secure machine (TM 5-3805-298-10).
Allow exhaust pipe or exhaust port to cool before attempting to seal opening with tape to
prevent burn injury to personnel.
Exhaust pipe opening or exhaust port opening must be sealed to prevent wind from
entering exhaust system and causing turbocharger to spin without lubrication.
Turbocharger spin without lubrication may result in damage to turbocharger.
16. After exhaust pipe or exhaust port cools, seal opening with duct tape.
17. Turn battery disconnect switch OFF (TM 5-3805-298-10).
18. Provide assistance, as required, in blocking/shoring/lashing machine for transport.
19. If removed, tie down cab, exhaust pipe and counterweights to shipping pallet and position inside aircraft with
loader., under direction of load master.
Aircraft Unloading Procedures
1. Provide assistance to air crew, as necessary, in removing blocking/shoring/lashing from machine.
2. If cab, exhaust pipe, and counterweights were removed, unload shipping pallet containing these items and
place in staging area.