AIR TRANSPORT CONTINUED
3. Remove tiedowns from cab, exhaust pipe, and counterweights.
4. Unlock machine (TM 5-3805-298-10).
DO NOT operate machine with steering frame lock connected. Steering frame lock must
be disconnected and securely stowed. if not properly stowed, loss of steering control could
result. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury or death to personnel or damage
5. Disconnect and securely stow steering frame lock (TM 5-3805-298-10).
6. Turn battery disconnect switch to the ON position (TM 5-3805-298-10).
7. Remove duct tape from exhaust port opening.
Stand clear of frame articulation area when machine is operating. There is no clearance
for personnel in this area when machine turns. Crushing could occur.
Hearing protection is required if within 25 ft (7.6 m) of an operating machine. Hearing
protection is required when operating machine without cab during transport operations to
prevent hearing loss.
Always use a ground guide when moving machine down ramp to unload from aircraft.
Failure to use a ground guide may result in an accident.
Failure to follow these warnings may result in equipment damage, injury or death to
8. Start engine and allow machine to warm up (TM 5-3805-298-10).
9. Unlock hydraulic controls (TM 5-3805-298-10).
10. Raise loader arm as required so that loader arm and work tool will clear crest of aircraft ramps. Remove
blocking from under loader arm (TM 5-3805-298-10).
11. Using ground guide negotiate ramps in 1st gear only.
12. Park machine clear of loading/unloading area.
13. If removed, install cab (WP 0344).
15. If removed, install counterweights (see procedures in this work package).
16. Perform BEFORE operation PMCS (TM 5-3805-298-10) and inspect for damage during transport.
END OF TASK