ENGINE OIL FILTER BASE REMOVAL
Cap or plug hoses, tube, and open ports during removal.
Tag and mark hoses and tube to aid installation.
Note hose and tube routing to aid installation.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection,
maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid
with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any
component containing fluids.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
1. Position drain pan under machine and drain hose (Figure 1, Item 4).
2. Open drain valve (Figure 1, Item 2) on engine oil filter base (Figure 1, Item 1).
3. Allow engine oil to drain completely into drain pan and dispose of oil.
4. Close drain valve (Figure 1, Item 2) on engine oil filter base (Figure 1, Item 1).
5. Loosen clamp (Figure 1, Item 3) and remove hose (Figure 1, Item 4) from engine oil filter base (Figure 1,
Figure 1. Oil Filter Base Drain.