CLEANING AND INSPECTION
1. Clean and inspect all parts IAW Mechanical General Maintenance Instructions (WP 0172).
2. Clean bowl of sediment and dirt, to include O-ring groove.
3. If filter element is damaged or has reached or exceeded its mandatory replacement interval (WP 0169),
replace filter element.
END OF TASK
If filter element was removed for access to other components, perform steps 3 and 4 only.
1. Lubricate O-ring (Figure 2, Item 3) with clean diesel fuel or motor oil and install O-ring (Figure 2, Item 3) into
O-ring groove of bowl (Figure 2, Item 4).
Do not use tools to tighten bowl on filter element. Bowl or filter element may be damaged
if tools are used.
2. Install bowl (Figure 2, Item 4) on filter element (Figure 2, Item 1) until snug.
Do not fill filter element with fuel before installing on primary fuel filter base. Fuel will not
be filtered and may contain contaminants. Contaminated fuel will result in accelerated
wear to fuel system parts and early failure of fuel system.
3. Turn filter element (Figure 2, Item 1) clockwise to install on primary fuel filter base
(Figure 2, Item 2).
4. Tighten filter element (Figure 2, Item 1) until seal contacts base, then tighten an additional 3/4 turn to one full
5. Ensure drain valve (Figure 2, Item 5) is closed.