DO NOT disconnect or remove any hydraulic system line or fitting unless engine is shut
down and hydraulic system pressure has been relieved. Tighten all connections before
applying pressure. Escaping hydraulic fluid under pressure can penetrate the skin,
causing injury to personnel.
At operating temperature, hydraulic oil is hot. Allow hydraulic oil to cool before removing
any hydraulic fitting.
To prevent injury to personnel, wear protective eye covering and gloves.
Sudden movement of machine can cause injury to personnel on or near the machine.
Failure to follow these warnings may result in injury to personnel.
When servicing this machine, performing maintenance, or disposing of hazardous
materials, consult your unit/local hazardous waste disposal center or safety office for local
regulatory guidance. If further information is needed, please contact the Army
Environmental Hotline at 1-800-327-3845.
1. Park machine on a smooth, level surface.
2. Ensure FNR switch is set to N (Neutral).
3. Engage parking brake.
4. Lower work tool (bucket or forks) to ground.
5. Shut down engine.
6. Turn key to ON position without starting engine.
7. Move control levers through full range of travel several times. This will relieve any pressure that may be
present in hydraulic system.
8. Push and release brake pedal 30 times, pausing 2 seconds between each application. This will relieve any
pressure that may be present in brake system.
9. Slowly loosen hydraulic tank filler cap and allow any pressure to escape.
10. Tighten filler cap on hydraulic tank.
11. Hydraulic system has been released and lines or components can be removed.
12. Turn key to OFF position.
END OF TASK
END OF WORK PACKAGE