EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS IN MAC CONTINUED
4. Column (4) Maintenance Level. Column (4) specifies each level of maintenance authorized to perform each
function listed in column (3), by indicating work time required (expressed as manhours in whole hours or
decimals) in the appropriate subcolumn. This work time figure represents the active time required to perform
that maintenance function at the indicated level of maintenance. If the number or complexity of the tasks within
the listed maintenance function varies at different maintenance levels, appropriate work time figures are to be
shown for each level. The work time figure represents the average time required to restore an item (assembly,
subassembly, component, module, end item, or system) to a serviceable condition under typical field operating
conditions. This time includes preparation time (including any necessary disassembly/assembly time),
troubleshooting/fault location time, and quality assurance time in addition to the time required to perform the
specific tasks identified for the maintenance functions authorized in the MAC. The symbol designations for the
various maintenance levels are as follows:
C - . . . . . Crew Maintenance
F - . . . . . Maintainer Maintenance
L - . . . . . Specialized Repair Activity (SRA)
H - . . . . . Below Depot Maintenance
D - . . . . . Depot Maintenance
The "L" maintenance level is not included in column (4) of the MAC. Functions to this level
of maintenance are identified by a work time figure in the "H" column of column (4), and an
associated reference code is used in the REMARKS column (6). This code is keyed to the
remarks and the SRA complete repair application is explained there.
5. Column (5) Tools and Equipment Reference Code. Column (5) specifies, by code, those common tool sets
(not individual tools), common Test, Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE), and special tools,
special TMDE and special support equipment required to perform the designated function. Codes are keyed to
the entries in Table 2 (Tools and Test Equipment) following the MAC.
6. Column (6) Remarks Code. When applicable, this column contains a letter code, in alphabetical order, which
is keyed to Table 3 (Remarks) following the MAC.
EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS IN TOOLS AND TEST EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
1. Column (1) Tool or Test Equipment Reference Code. The tool or test equipment reference code correlates
with a code used in column (5) of the MAC.
2. Column (2) Maintenance Level. The lowest level of maintenance authorized to use the tool or test equipment.
3. Column (3) Nomenclature. Name or identification of the tool or test equipment.
4. Column (4) National Stock Number (NSN). The NSN of the tool or test equipment.
5. Column (5) Tool Number. The manufacturer's part number.
EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS IN REMARKS
1. Column (1) Remarks Code. The code recorded in column (6) of the MAC.
2. Column (2) Remarks. This column lists information pertinent to the maintenance function being performed as
indicated in the MAC.
END OF WORK PACKAGE