FEL OPERATING PROCEDURES - Continued
Removing FEL Bucket
Exercise care when removing FEL bucket. Be sure FEL bucket is flat on ground and
hydraulic pressure is released. Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to
FEL tool carrier allows operator to change bucket without using special tools or additional
For description and use of operator controls and indicators, refer to WP 0004 thru WP 0009.
1. Dump material from FEL bucket.
2. Park the BHL on level ground. Lower FEL bucket flat on ground, and move backhoe into transport
3. Engage parking brake.
4. Shift direction control lever to neutral position.
5. Shut engine off.
6. Toggle clamshell control pistol grip handle to release hydraulic pressure.
7. Disconnect removable quick-disconnect hydraulic connector (Figure 5, Item 1) by rotating knurled barrel
either direction 90° until notch (Figure 5, Item 3) in knurled barrel is alined with pin (Figure 5, Item 4) on
installed connector (Figure 5, Item 3). Slide knurled barrel and pull off removable quick-disconnect
hydraulic connector (Figure 5, Item 1). Repeat for second removable quick-disconnect hydraulic
8. Connect both removable quick-disconnect hydraulic connectors (Figure 5, Item 1) together.
9. Place both removable quick-disconnect hydraulic connectors (Figure 5, Item 1) on top and forward of FEL
10. Start engine.
11. Push and hold left side of FEL tool carrier switch (Figure 5, Item 5) to retract both tool carrier lock pins
(Figure 5, Item 8).
12. Raise FEL bucket maximum 1 to 2 inches (25.4 to 50.8 mm) off ground and slowly rotate top of bucket
outward until both tool carrier lock pins (Figure 5, Item 8) are clear of bucket mounting bores.
13. Carefully lower FEL bucket to ground while rotating top of tool carrier outward.