1. This chapter provides information for identifying and correcting malfunctions that may develop during
operation of the Backhoe Loader (BHL).
2. The Troubleshooting Symptom Index in WP 0004 lists common malfunctions that may occur and refers to the
proper page in troubleshooting.
3. If you are unsure of the location of an item mentioned in troubleshooting, refer to General Information
(WP 0001) or Equipment Description and Data (WP 0002), or for referenced connector end views and their
location, see Component Location and Connector End Views (WP 0007).
4. Before performing troubleshooting, read and follow all safety instructions found in the Warning Summary at the
front of this manual.
5. The Troubleshooting Symptom Index (WP 0004) cannot list all malfunctions that may occur, nor can
troubleshooting list all tests or inspections and corrective actions.
6. When troubleshooting a malfunction:
a. Locate the symptom or symptoms in the Troubleshooting Symptom Index (WP 0004) that best describe
b. Turn to the page in the correct troubleshooting procedures where the troubleshooting procedures for that
error are described.
Perform the task, answer the question, and perform the corrective action in the order listed until the
malfunction is corrected. Do not perform any maintenance task unless the troubleshooting procedure tells
you to do so.
EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS
The columns in the troubleshooting table are defined as follows:
a. MALFUNCTION. A visual or operational indication that something is wrong with the equipment.
b. TEST OR INSPECTION. A procedure to isolate the problem in a system or component.
CORRECTIVE ACTION. A procedure to correct the problem.
END OF WORK PACKAGE