Table 1. Transmission Does Not Shift into Third or Fourth Gear.
TEST OR INSPECTION
Transmission Does Not Shift
into Third or Fourth Gear
· Always inspect the wiring harness connectors that are involved in the
circuit. Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an
electrical circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and
secure, and that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with a
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction is
active before performing this procedure.
· Perform an open or short circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Perform this test only if the condition is active.
Test Step 1. Verify Transmission
Check for correct level of transmission
Transmission Fluid Level Low - Add
fluid (TM 5-2420-231-10) using
transmission fluid to transmission
transmission dipstick (Figure 1, Item 1).
Proceed to Test Step 7.
Transmission Fluid Level OK -
Proceed to Test Step 2.
Figure 1. Transmission Dipstick.
Test Step 2. Verify Diagnostic Fault
1. Place powershift lever (Figure 2,
Item 1) in the N position (TM 5-
2. Turn ignition switch to the on posi-
tion (TM 5-2420-231-10).