Table 1. Front End Loader Quick-Coupler Does Not Operate Correctly.
TEST OR INSPECTION
Front End Loader (FEL)
Quick-Coupler Does Not
· Always inspect the wiring harness connectors that are involved in the
circuit. Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an
electrical circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and
secure, and that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with a
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction is
active before performing this procedure.
· Perform an open or short circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Perform this test only if the condition is active.
Test Step 1. Check Quick-Coupler
1. Lower FEL bucket flat on ground
2. Start and run the engine (TM 5-
3. Press and hold FEL quick-coupler
Loader Bucket Releases OK -
switch (Figure 1, Item 1) in the
retract position to remove loader
Loader Bucket Does Not Release -
bucket from machine (TM 5-2420-
Repeat procedure several times until
quick-coupler pins release from loader.
If loader bucket still does not release,
proceed to Test Step 2.
Figure 1. FEL Quick-Coupler Switch.