Use extreme caution when handling heavy parts. Provide adequate support and use
assistance during procedure. Ensure any lifting device used is in good condition and of
suitable load capacity. Keep clear of heavy parts supported only by lifting device. Failure to
follow this warning may result in injury or death to personnel.
Coolant pack weighs 150 lb (68 kg).
The procedure for coolant pack fasteners removal and replacement is identical for left-
hand and right-hand coolant pack fasteners. Left-hand coolant pack fasteners are shown
in this procedure.
17. Attach sling and lifting device to coolant pack (Figure 11, Item 1).
18. Using lifting device, remove two bolts (Figure 11, Item 3) and nuts (Figure 11, Item 2) from coolant pack
(Figure 11, Item 1) and frame (Figure 11, Item 4).
19. Repeat step 18 for right side of coolant pack.
Cooling fan blades are situated inside of fan shroud. Use care when removing and
installing coolant pack to prevent damage to cooling fan or radiator.
20. With assistance and using lifting device, remove coolant pack (Figure 11, Item 1) from frame (Figure 11, Item 4)
and place on level surface.
21. Remove sling and lifting device from coolant pack (Figure 11, Item 1).
Figure 11. Coolant Pack.
END OF TASK