1. Turn on engine (TM 5-2420-231-10).
2. Position blade bucket (Figure 1, Item 1) downward with clam shell bucket (Figure 1, Item 3) resting on flat sur-
face with pivot (Figure 1, Item 2) exposed.
3. Turn off engine (TM 5-2420-231-10).
4. Position cribbing under blade bucket (Figure 1, Item 1).
5. Remove cap from hydraulic tank (TM 5-2420-231-10).
Figure 1. Bucket Assembly.
Allow hydraulic system to cool before performing procedure. Hot metal parts can cause
severe burns. Wear eye, hand, and skin protection when working with heated parts.
Hydraulic oil is very slippery. Immediately wipe up any spills.
Failure to follow these warnings may result in injury or death to personnel.
Plug and cap all hoses and fittings to prevent contamination. Failure to follow this caution
may result in damage to the machine.
Tag and mark lines to aid in installation.
The procedure for clam cylinder removal and replacement is identical for left-hand and
right-hand clam cylinder. Left-hand clam cylinder is shown in this procedure.