2. Pull out the "Quick Start" knob for two seconds,
then release it.
3. Repeat the procedure if the engine does not start on
the first attempt.
CAUTION: Do not crank the engine more than
30 seconds at a time when using an electric
starting motor. Always allow one minute
intervals between cranking attempts to allow
the starting motor to cool.
Periodically perform the following service items to
assure good performance:
1. Remove the fluid cylinder and lubricate the valve
around the pusher pin under the gasket with a few
drops of oil.
2. Lubricate the actuator cable.
3. Actuate the valve with the cable to distribute the oil
on the cable and allow the oil to run down through the
4. Remove any dirt from the orifice by removing the
air inlet housing fitting, the orifice block and the
screen. Then blow air through the orifice end only.
5. Assemble and tighten the air inlet housing fitting to
the actuator valve and tube.
6. Check for leakage of fluid (fogging) on the outside
of the engine air inlet housing by actuating the
starting aid while the engine is stopped. If fogging
Fig. 12 - Quick Start Assembly
occurs, disassemble and retighten the air inlet housing
fitting to the housing.
PRESSURIZED CYLINDER STARTING AID
CAUTION: Do not actuate the starting aid more
Start the engine during cold weather, using the "Quick
than once with the engine stopped. Over-
Start" starting aid system (Fig. 12) as follows:
loading the engine air box with this high volatile
fluid could result in a minor explosion.
1. Press the engine starter button.
7. Check the fluid cylinder for hand tightness.