DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
TRANSMISSION OIL PUMP
3. Install body (4) on manifold (3) as shown.
4. Put clean oil on the bearings and install gears
(6) and (7) in manifold (3) as shown.
5. Use tool group (A) and a press to install bear-
ings (9) in cover (10) until they are 1.5 mm
(.059 in.) below the surface of cover (10). Make
sure the bearing joints are 30° ± 15° from the
centerline toward oil passage (8) as shown.
6. Put clean oil on the bearings and install cover
(10) over the gears on body (4).
7. Install bolts (11) to hold the pump together.
NOTE: The pump gears must turn freely by hand
after bolts (11) are tightened.
8. Install O-ring seal (12) on the manifold.
a) install transmission oil pump