DISASSEMBLY AND ASSEMBLY
PARKING BRAKE CABLE
INSTALL PARKING BRAKE
1. Install parking brake cable (1) through the steer-
ing column support from the bottom,
2. Turn the cable clockwise and install the threaded
end of the cable in rod (4). Tighten locknut (3) on
3. Put the cable in position in the bracket assembly
(2) and tighten the two nuts that hold it.
4. Install nut (6) and lockwasher on the cable as-
5. Put the cable assembly in position in the housing.
Install nut (5).
6. Install the knob and locknut on the cable.
7. Put shrouds (7) and (8) in position on the steering
column and install the bolts that hold them.
8. Put boot (9) in the correct position on the