TROUBLESHOOTING WITHOUT A DIAGNOSTIC CODE - CONTINUED
Table 2. Electrical System Troubleshooting - Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
1. Check service stoplamp fuse (WP 0054
1. If fuse is open, replace it.
All Stoplamps Are
2. If fuse is OK, go to Test 2.
2. Check stoplamp power circuit.
1. If battery voltage is not present, go to
(a) Disconnect turnlamp switch from
wiring harness (WP 0051 00).
2. If battery voltage is present, replace
(b) Turn battery disconnect switch
turnlamp switch (WP 0051 00).
and engine start switch to ON
(c) Select service drive mode on main
(d) While pressing and holding brake
pedal, measure voltage at
turnlamp switch between wiring
harness pin 4, circuit 604 (OR),
3. Check for power to stoplamp relay.
1. If battery voltage is present,
(a) Remove stoplamp relay (WP 0054
temporarily replace stoplamp relay
(WP 0054 00) with a new one. If
(b) Battery disconnect switch and
problem still exists, reinstall old relay
engine start switch remain in ON
and go to Test 4.
2. If battery voltage is not present, there
(c) Measure voltage at stoplamp relay
is an open circuit between stoplamp
between pin 3, circuit 130 (RD),
relay and stoplamp fuse. Replace
wiring harness in question (WP 0169
00 thru WP 0175 00).
4. Check stoplamp power circuit
open circuit between stoplamp relay
(a) Stoplamp relay remains removed.
and turnlamp switch. Replace wiring
(b) Turnlamp switch remains
harness in question (WP 0169 00 thru
WP 0175 00).
(c) Battery disconnect switch remains 2. If continuity is present, go to Test 5.
in ON position (TM 5-3805-290-
(d) Turn engine start switch to OFF
(e) Check continuity between
stoplamp relay wiring harness pin
5, circuit 604 (OR) and turnlamp
switch wiring harness pin 4, circuit