COOLING SYSTEM SERVICE
THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS
Draining, Flushing, Filling
Tools and Special Tools
Engine access doors opened (TM 5-3805-290-10)
Cooling system pressure cap removed (TM 5-3805-
Shop equipment, common no. 1 (Item 77, WP 0205
TM 5-3805-290-23P, Figures 1, 32, and 94
Estimated Time to Complete Task
MOS 62B, Construction Equipment Repairer
WARN I N G
· DO NOT service cooling system unless engine has been allowed to cool down. This is a pressurized cooling sys-
tem and escaping steam or hot coolant may result in serious burns.
· DO NOT remove cooling system radiator cap when engine is hot. Allow engine to cool down. Loosen cap to
first stop and let any pressure out of cooling system, then remove cap. Failure to follow this warning may
result in serious burns.
· Wear effective eye, hand, and skin protection when handling coolants. Failure to do so may result in injury to
N OT E
· Use a container to catch any fluid that may drain from hoses or system. Dispose of fluid IAW local policy and
ordinances. Ensure all spills are cleaned up.
· Cooling system capacity is 11.1 gal. (42 L).