SERVICE BRAKE LINES AND FITTINGS REPLACEMENT
THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS
MOS 62B, Construction Equipment Repairer
Tools and Special Tools
Shop equipment, common no. 1 (Item 77, WP 0205
Chassis guards between cab door and engine access
Oil, lubricating, OEA-30, Arctic (Item 32, WP
Covers between cab door and engine access door
Oil, lubricating, OE/HDO-40 (Item 33, WP 0206
Hydraulic system pressure relieved (TM 5-3805-
Oil, lubricating, OE/HDO-5/40 (Item 34, WP 0206
Oil, lubricating, OE/HDO-15/40 (Item 35, WP
Brake pressure relieved (TM 5-3805-290-10)
TM 5-3805-290-23P, Figures 81, 82, and 89
Estimated Time to Complete Task
WARN I N G
· When servicing this machine, performing maintenance, or disposing of hazardous materials, consult your
unit/local hazardous waste disposal center or safety office for local regulatory guidance. If further informa-
tion is needed, please contact The Army Environmental Hotline at 1-800-872-3845.
· DO NOT disconnect or remove any hydraulic system line or fitting unless engine is shut down and hydraulic
system pressure has been relieved. Tighten all connections before applying pressure. Escaping hydraulic fluid
under pressure can penetrate the skin, causing injury to personnel.
· At operating temperature, hydraulic oil is hot. Allow hydraulic oil to cool before disconnecting any hydraulic
lines. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury to personnel.
· Lubricating/hydraulic oils used in the performance of maintenance can be very slippery. Immediately wipe up
any spills. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury to personnel.
· To prevent injury to personnel, wear protective eye covering and gloves.
C AU T I O N