CHASSIS TROUBLESHOOTING - INSUFFICIENT/NO HEAT IN CAB
Check if blower motor is
Refer to Malfunction Blower
Motor Inoperative in this WP.
CARBON MONOXIDE (EXHAUST GASES) CAN KILL!
Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, deadly poison, which, when breathed, deprives the body of
oxygen and causes suffocation. Exposure to air containing carbon monoxide produces symptoms of
headache, dizziness, loss of muscular control, apparent drowsiness, and coma. Permanent brain
damage or death can result from severe exposure.
Carbon monoxide occurs in exhaust fumes of internal combustion engines. Carbon monoxide can
become dangerously concentrated under conditions of inadequate ventilation. The following precautions
must be observed to ensure safety of personnel when engine of Skid Steer Loader (SSL) is operated.
1. DO NOT operate engine in enclosed areas.
2. DO NOT idle engine without adequate ventilation.
3. BE ALERT for exhaust poisoning symptoms. They are:
- Loss of musculature control
4. I f you see another person with exhaust poisoning symptoms:
- Remove person from area
- Expose to fresh air
- Keep person warm
- DO NOT permit physical exercise
- Notify a medic.
5. BE AWARE. The field protective mask for Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical (NBC) protection will not
protect you from carbon monoxide poisoning.
6. CALI FORNI A PROPOSI TI ON 65 WARNI NG: Engine exhaust and some of its constituents are known
to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm.
The Best Defense Against Carbon Monoxide Poisoning is Good Ventilation!