Table 1. 177 Transmission Oil Temperature Sensor Diagnostic Codes.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
177-3 Transmission Oil
Temperature Sensor Voltage
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Transmission ECM detects signal voltage from the transmission oil temperature
sensor is above normal.
· Transmission wiring harness is open or a shorted to another power
· Lower cab wiring harness is open or a shorted to another power source.
· Transmission oil temperature sensor is faulty.
· Transmission ECM.
Test Step 1. Check for Active
1. Connect MSD, select
Diagnostic Code 177-3 Active -
Transmission 924H, and check for
Proceed to Step 2.
active diagnostic codes
Diagnostic Code 177-3 Not Active -
Troubleshooting is complete.
Diagnostic Code 41-3 or 41-4
active diagnostic code 41.
Active - Repair diagnostic code 262
Diagnostic Code 41-3 or 41-4 Not
Active - Proceed to Test Step 2.