Table 1. 368 Auto-Shift Rocker Switch Diagnostic Codes.
CID FMI CODE
TEST OR INSPECTION
368-3 Auto-Shift Switch
Voltage Is Above Normal
· Always inspect wiring harness connectors that are involved in the circuit.
Poor connections can often be the cause of a problem in an electrical
circuit. Verify that all connections in the circuit are clean and secure and
that all connections are in good condition. If a problem with the
connection is found, correct the problem and verify that this malfunction
or diagnostic code is active before performing this procedure.
· Perform open or short-circuit test at each wiring harness connection to
identify the correct wiring harness to replace.
· Tag all wiring harnesses to aid in installation.
· Perform this test only if condition is active.
DIAGNOSTIC CODE SET CONDITION
Transmission ECM detects status of autoshift switch positions Auto, Manual, and
VSC (Variable Speed Control) are all open.
· Autoshift switch is faulty.
· Lower cab wiring harness is open.
· Main cab wiring harness is open.
· Cab ground is open.
· Transmission ECM.
Test Step 1. Check for Active
Connect MSD. Select Transmission
Diagnostic Code 368-3 Active -
924H and check for active diagnostic
Proceed to Test Step 2.
Diagnostic Code 368-3 Not Active -
Troubleshooting is complete.
Test Step 2. Test for Faulty Autoshift
1. Turn ignition switch and battery
disconnect switch to OFF position
2. Remove military light switch panel
for access to wiring harness
connector (WP 0257).