STEERING PISTON PUMP MARGIN PRESSURE TEST CONTINUED
In the following steps the steering of the machine will move left and right, clear machine
and area of all personnel. Check visibility and adjust mirrors for best vision close to the
machine. Fasten your seatbelt securely whenever in the cab and operating the machine.
Empty bucket of all material. Park machine in an open area on level ground. Failure to
follow this warning may result in injury or death to personnel.
Do not turn into right or left stops.
21. Have an assistant slowly turn steering wheel left and right (TM 5-3805-298-10).
22. Record readings on both gauges as steering wheel is turned.
23. Turn ignition switch and battery disconnect switch to OFF position (TM 5-3805-298-10).
24. Take the reading from 5,800 psi (40,000 kPa) gauge (Figure 6, Item 1) and subtract the reading from 3,600 psi
(25,000 kPa) gauge (Figure 7, Item 1).
25. The difference is the margin pressure which should be 522 ± 29 psi (3,600 ± 200 kPa).
26. Turn steering wheel left and right until wheels do not move (TM 5-3805-298-10) to release all hydraulic
27. Disconnect hose 177-7861 (Figure 7, Item 2) from valved nipple (Figure 8, Item 2).
Figure 7. 3,600 psi (25,000 kPa) Gauge Assembly.