CLEANING HOSES, TUBES, AND FITTINGS
If available, use steam cleaner to clean hoses, tubes, and fittings and dry with
1. Fasten parts to rack as nearly vertical as possible to allow water to drain.
2. Clean exterior surfaces of parts thoroughly.
3. Clean interior surfaces of parts. Use hot water with soap solution first. Then use clean hot water to rinse.
If steam cleaner does not have a soap injection system, spray an oil solvent into the parts.
This will dissolve oil film that holds contaminants inside parts. Then use clean hot water to
4. Fasten components to rack so that components can be flushed from opposite ends. Repeat steps 2 and 3.
5. Use compressed air to dry inside of each part. Dry parts from both ends to make sure that all water has been
6. Install caps or plugs in ends of each hose, tube, or fitting as soon as parts are dry to prevent entry of airborne
7. Remove caps or plugs from component only when component is in position on machine and connection is to