LEFT BATTERY BOX AND NATO SLAVE INSTALLATION CONTINUED
To avoid injury, eye protection and acid-resistant gloves must be worn when working
around batteries. DO NOT smoke, use open flame, make sparks, or create other ignition
sources around batteries. If a battery is giving off gases, it can explode and cause injury to
personnel. Remove all jewelry such as rings, ID tags, watches, and bracelets. If jewelry or
a tool contacts a battery terminal, a direct short will result in instant heating or electric
shock, damage to equipment, and injury to personnel.
Sulfuric acid contained in batteries can cause serious burns. If battery corrosion or
electrolyte makes contact with skin, eyes, or clothing, take immediate action to stop the
corrosive burning effects. Failure to follow these procedures may result in death or injury
Route cables and install electrical connections as noted during removal.
2. Install three batteries (Figure 14, Item 5) on battery box (Figure 14, Item 9).
3. Install four rods (Figure 14, Item 8) on battery box (Figure 14, Item 9).
4. Install angle bracket (Figure 14, Item 10), four washers (Figure 14, Item 7), and new locknuts (Figure 14,
Item 6) on three batteries (Figure 14, Item 5).
5. Install cross connect battery cable (Figure 14, Item 4), three clamps (Figure 14, Item 3), and nuts (Figure 14,
Item 1) on three batteries (Figure 14, Item 5).
6. Position three cable boots (Figure 14, Item 2) on three clamps (Figure 14, Item 3).
Figure 14. Left Batteries.