BHL OPERATING PROCEDURES - Continued
If engine starts and stops, do not actuate starter motor again until starter motor stops turning.
Failure to comply may result in damage to starter motor.
Do not actuate starter motor more than 30 seconds at one time. Let starter motor cool for 2
minutes before actuating again. While starter motor is actuated, white or black smoke must
be seen at exhaust pipe. If no smoke is seen, check fuel supply. Failure to comply may
result in damage to starter motor.
If audible alarm continues after several seconds, shut down engine and notify maintenance.
Failure to comply may result in damage to engine.
10. Push foot throttle 1/4 down and turn starter key switch to START position.
11. After engine starts, low engine oil pressure audible alarm should cease. Alternator and oil pressure
warning lamps should extinguish. Check instrument panel to make sure instrument readings are normal.
12. Operate engine at 1,000 rpm until coolant temperature is warm (engine coolant temperature gage in
green range) before moving the BHL.
If the BHL has not been operated for several weeks or engine oil filter has been replaced,
prime turbocharger with oil per Priming Turbocharger procedure below. Failure to comply
may result in damage to turbocharger.
For description and use of operator controls and indicators, refer to WP 0004 thru WP 0009.
1. Engage parking brake.
2. Shift direction control lever to neutral position.
3. Push and hold right side of fuel pump solenoid switch (Figure 1, Item 1) to disengage fuel pump and
prevent engine from starting.
4. From operator seat, turn starter key switch to START position and actuate starter motor for 10 seconds;
then turn starter key switch to OFF position.
5. Release fuel pump solenoid switch (Figure 1, Item 1) to engage injection pump solenoid.
6. Follow Starting Engine procedures to start engine.