SERVICING PROCEDURES - Continued
Engine Oil Level Check
Make sure engine is shut off before raising engine hood. Hot metal surfaces will burn flesh
on contact. Exercise care when raising hood and servicing engine. Failure to comply may
result in serious injury or death to personnel.
Keep clear of rotating fan and belts. Failure to comply may result in serious injury or death to
1. Park the BHL on level ground.
2. Engage parking brake and shift direction control lever to neutral position.
3. Shut engine off.
4. Raise engine hood.
5. On left side of the BHL, remove oil dipstick (Figure 10, Item 1), wipe clean, and insert dipstick fully into
tube. Then, remove.
Check engine oil level with engine shut off.
Engine oil fluid level must be between ADD and FULL marks on dipstick.
Two quarts of engine oil will move level from ADD to FULL mark.
6. If engine oil level is at ADD mark or below, select proper grade of oil. Refer to Table 2. Ensure unit SOP
is followed. Unscrew oil fill cap (Figure 10, Item 2) CCW and add oil as required until oil level is at FULL
7. Install oil fill cap (Figure 10, Item 2) and turn CW.
8. Clean up spills with cleaning compound and wiping rag. Dispose of used rags per unit SOP.
9. Close engine hood.