SERVICING PROCEDURES - Continued
Parking Brake Adjustment
Do not move the BHL with parking brake engaged. Failure to comply may result in damage
to parking brake.
1. Apply service brakes.
2. Disengage parking brake by pushing parking brake handle (Figure 9, Item 1) forward.
3. Rotate tension adjuster (Figure 9, Item 2) CW two or three turns.
4. Pull parking brake handle (Figure 9, Item 1) back. If brake handle cannot be pulled back, release
handle and rotate tension adjuster (Figure 9, Item 2) CCW one or two turns. Then, pull brake handle
5. Start engine.
6. Move direction control lever in forward position, and service brakes applied, engage parking brake.
7. Release service brake pedals and check that parking brake holds the BHL in place.
8. If parking brake does not hold, notify field level maintenance.
Figure 9. Parking Brake.