Table 1. One Wheel Spins When Rear Differential Lock Switch Is Depressed.
TEST OR INSPECTION
One Wheel Spins When Rear
Differential Lock Switch Is
· Allow hydraulic system to cool before performing procedure. Hot metal
parts can cause severe burns. Wear eye, hand, and skin protection when
working with heated parts.
· Hydraulic oil is very slippery. Immediately wipe up any spills.
· Failure to follow these warnings may result in injury or death to
Test Step 1. Verify Rear Drive Axle Oil
1. Turn ignition switch to the off posi-
tion (TM 5-2420-231-10).
Position drain pan under rear
drive axle housing (Figure 1, Item
3. Remove fill plug (Figure 1, Item 1)
from rear drive axle housing (Fig-
ure 1, Item 2).
4. Check for correct level of rear drive
Rear Drive Axle Oil OK - Install fill plug
axle oil (WP 0220). Oil should be
(Figure 1, Item 1) on rear drive axle
level with, or near, the bottom of fill
housing (Figure 1, Item 2) (WP 0220).
hole. Allow rear drive axle oil to
Proceed to Test Step 2.
drain if over filled. Dispose of oil
Rear Drive Axle Oil Low or Overfilled
IAW unit's SOP.
- Service rear drive axle oil (WP 0220).
Proceed to Test Step 7.
Figure 1. Rear Drive Axle Fill Plug.