Care must be taken when fitting the nozzle supply tubes. Binding cannot exist when lines
are tightened. The supply tube locknut must be left loose until the fuel tubes are
positioned and connected to the valve housing, and then tightened down.
7. Install valve push rods (Figure 26, Item 6) in cylinder head.
Be sure that all rocker levers install into push rod sockets to tighten down valve lever
assembly, but do not torque nuts.
8. Install valve lever assembly (Figure 26, Item 5) on cylinder head.
9. Install six flat washers (Figure 26, Item 4) and cylinder head stud nuts (Figure 26, Item 3) on valve lever
assembly (Figure 26, Item 5).
10. Install bolts (Figure 26, Item 1) on intermediate valve lever brackets (Figure 26, Item 2).
Figure 26. Valve Lever Assembly.
11. Install valve bridges and adjust them as follows:
a. Loosen bridge adjusting screw nut and back out screw (two) several turns making sure it is not in contact
with valve stem.
b. Firmly press straight down on rocker arm just above point of contact with bridge.
Turn adjusting screw down until contact is made with valve stem (opposite cam side). Turn screw an addi-
tional 20 to 30 degrees (1/3 flat on nut). Release pressure on rocker arm and torque nut to 35 lb-ft (47 Nm)
while holding screw in position.
12. Repeat step 11 to adjust remaining valve bridges.